I love making homemade juices, which is why I’ll be sharing with you my favorite skin-happy juice recipe! This is so easy to make, just pop everything in your juicer, and you’re done! This recipe makes approximately a cup and a half of juice (I drank it all before I remembered to measure it), but feel free to double the recipe and save some for later, or adjust the amount of the ingredients to make it your own!
This juice is packed with vitamins and minerals, but it‘s especially high in antioxidants. If you’re like most people, you want smooth, healthy skin, but maybe you don’t want to look through hundreds of chemical-filled skincare products to get it. That’s where antioxidants can help! Incorporating the right antioxidants into your diet and skin care routine can have a positive effect on your skin, which means a brighter, smoother, healthier you.
Antioxidants are nutrients (vitamins and minerals) and enzymes (proteins inside your body) that can help to prevent and repair damage to your body’s tissue. Antioxidants do this by slowing or stopping the effect of free radicals, which start oxidation — a process that causes damage from oxygen that can lead to cell dysfunction. If you’ve seen a peeled apple turn brown, you’ve seen oxidation in action. As antioxidants block the effects of free radicals, they end up being oxidized. This is why it’s important to constantly replenish your supply of antioxidants!
Heres why each ingredient is good for you.
- Apples are rich in essential antioxidants, which are so good for your skin.
- Kale is also packed with antioxidants, so another skin-happy ingredient! It also has more iron than beef per calorie and more calcium than milk per calorie.
- Carrots, which are also high in antioxidants, are one of the top contributors of vitamin A, also known as the powerhouse vitamin for so much of our body. Carrots also provide high amounts of vitamins C, D, E, and K, as well as many minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
- Clementines are dense with vitamins, including vitamin A, vitamin B-6, niacin, thiamine and pantothenic acid, but they are especially high in folate and vitamin C. They’re also another fruit that is packed with antioxidants, which means happy happy skin!
Juice for Happy Skin
- 2 Apples
- 2 Clementine Oranges, one with the peel and one without
- 3 Cups kale
- 2 Handfuls baby carrots (or you can use regular carrots, maybe use 2 or 3)
Juice all ingredients in a juicer and enjoy!