Hey yall! It’s national hot cocoa day, so I decided to share a healthy(-ish) alternative to the traditional hot chocolate. This is my favorite hot chocolate recipe, because it uses almond milk but is still super tasty. This recipe makes about 5 servings! I also included a single-serving recipe for those days you just want a little something sweet.
Almond Milk Hot Chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups Almond milk (1 qt.) (I like the sweetened vanilla kind, but you can also use original)
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash Himalayan pink salt & nutmeg or cinnamon (you can use regular salt, this stuff is just better in my opinion)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Mix sugar, cocoa, and salt in medium saucepan & stir in water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Add milk & stir until hot. Remove from heat & add vanilla. Beat with a whisk until foamy, pour into mugs and enjoy!
-Almond Milk Hot Chocolate for One-
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- Dash Himalayan pink salt & nutmeg or cinnamon
Mix sugar, cocoa, and salt in large mug. Heat almond milk in a microwave for 1-1/2 minutes or until hot. Gradually add hot almond milk to cocoa mixture in mug, stirring until well blended. Stir in vanilla. DONE!
Hope you enjoy!
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7